Tuesday, December 07, 2004

 

Born Again - for life.

In an era when people regularly switch houses, partners and even religions, Rollen Stewart is approaching twenty-five years as a Born Again Christian.

On January 20th, 1980, after walking around at the Super Bowl in Pasadena in a fur bikini bottom, Rollen Stewart went back to his hotel room, turned on the television and saw born-again Christian preacher, Dr. Charles Taylor, on Today in Bible Prophecy.

As Rollen observes in an upcoming book on his life:
"At that moment, Dr. Taylor offered an altar call to the viewing audience. I got down on my knees and made this prayer: 'Heavenly Father, I admit that I am a sinner. I am truly sorry for my sins. Please forgive me and save me, for I ask in the name of Jesus Christ who died for me and bore my sins. I do now by faith accept Jesus Christ as my personal savior, and I believe that His perfect blood cleanses me from all my sins. I thank you Lord for hearing my prayer and giving me eternal salvation. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.'

"Upon saying that prayer, I was born again of the Spirit and became a Child of God by faith in Jesus Christ.

"Dr. Taylor said that if you accepted Christ, you wouldn’t have to worry about where you’d be spending eternity. What went through my mind was that I now understood why I was born, why we’re all here on this earth, why we’re here to witness. Some people are chosen, and I understood that I was one of those. He chose me – I didn’t choose Him. So I knew I was going to be an evangelist and go out and use TV as a tool, just as I had been doing.

"I was Born Again. Jesus would use me as he used John the Baptist before His First Coming. I was to warn people that Judgment Day was at hand before Christ’s Second Coming."

Even after his arrest in 1992, Rollen has not wavered from his ministry. The envelope of his last letter to me declares:

RAPTURE! FEAST OF TRUMPETS!
ROSH HASHANAH! 2005!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?